Aurora Traffic Procedures
Parking, Drop off and Pick up Procedures
Pick up and drop off procedures require patience and cooperation from all parents. As we work together, we will all find the process to be efficient and safe for our children. Please read over the procedures carefully.
- Village Square parents please park and bring your children into the building and sign them in.
- No one should use Mesa parking lot or driveway at anytime for any reason.
- All other parents/guardians are asked to drop off children between 7:30 am and 8:00 am. If your child is dropped off before this time, they will need to go to Village Square, fees apply for this service.
- Parents, when dropping off, drive into the front right hand parking lot (NW) and turn into the first aisle. Go around the back of the lot, to the last aisle and drive to the front curb. Cars will need to line up along the sidewalk in front of the building.
- Pull up to assigned drop off zone. Students should not exist until you have entered this area.
- Students may unload from the first four cars in line only. Once these cars have unloaded, the next four pull up and unload.
- Parents/Guardians do not get out of your cars when in the line.
- If you need to get out of your car please park and walk student to sidewalk.
- Students should be ready to exit by the time you reach unloading zone.
- If you have a car seat on passenger side please park and walk student to sidewalk.
- If you need to get something out of the trunk please park and walk student to sidewalk.
- Please pull forward and keep the line moving.
- A staff member/volunteer will help children out of cars.
- Children will go directly to their classrooms between 7:45 and 8:00 am.
- A staff member will be on the curb until 8:00 am
- All students who arrive after 8:00 am, must be walked inside and signed in by parents.
- Classes will begin promptly at 8:00 am.
This procedure has been used in numerous schools, and is very effective if everyone cooperates. Please read over the following procedures.
- Drive into the front right hand parking lot (NW) and turn into the first aisle. Go around the back of the lot, to the last aisle and drive to the front curb. Cars will need to line up along the sidewalk in front of the building.
- Students will be lined up in the side parking lot in a staging area behind the yellow barrier poles.
- Students will be called to the assigned loading zone on the side walk and be loaded into cars once you pull up to assigned loading zone.
- Make sure your children, and those children who ride in your car pool, know your car.
- Students name will be called 3 times, if your student doesn’t report to loading zone you will be asked to park in the parking lot and retrieve you child or go to end of line.
- Please stay in your car while in the pickup line.
- Please move forward as the line moves.
- Parents may still park and pick up children, but please park in a space on the north side of the parking lot, so that the first aisle is not blocked or slowing down traffic flow.
- Handicap parking can be accessed by driving around and entering by crosswalk.
- Staff parking is for GVA staff and Handicap parking only.
- Do not park or drive through Mesa’s parking lot or driveway at anytime for any reason.
We recognize that it will take some time for everyone to learn the procedures, but once the steps are learned, we will be able to load cars safely and efficiently within 15 minutes.
Thank you for your cooperation.